This paper will have an 8-page narrative (8 pages maximum – 5 point deduction for over page limit) plus a title page, abstract page, and reference list.
You must use a minimum of four original research articles for your paper.
The purpose is to write a review of the literature on to answer your PICOT question using original research evidence. Discuss how this health problem is applicable in both the United States and a non-USA country, and appraise four original research studies on this topic.
This is a scholarly paper, written as if it was a “Review of the Literature” article published in a nursing journal. Select articles published within the past five years (2014 to present). Do not use a non-peer review journal. Do not use a literature review article or systematic review article or clinical protocols as one of your articles. At least TWO of the four original research report articles MUST BE authored by nurses and published in a peer-reviewed nursing journal. At least ONE of the two nursing research studies must address nursing practice in a non-USA country.
- Page 1: Title page Create a title for your paper. Refer to your APA Manual.
- Page 2: Abstract The abstract should open with a sentence that will serve as an introduction to and purpose of the paper. Then describe what is in each part of the paper. An abstract is usually a brief outline of the contents of the paper that typically does not exceed 250 words. At the end of the abstract place the phrase Key Words, and denote 3-4 keywords that would describe your paper (as for publication and indexing in CINAHL or PubMed).
- Pages 3-11: Narrative
- Heading: Significance and Background: Start the paper with a short paragraph that introduces the health problem in your PICOT question. (Approximately ½-page).
- Heading: Purpose: Clearly define the global health problem, and discuss why it is important for nursing (why you are discussing this topic). Discuss what is known about this problem in the United States and in a non-USA country. For example, if the focus is adult hypertension, discuss guidelines for defining hypertension in the US and in a non-USA country. (Approximately 1 page).
- Heading: Methods: Discuss the methods used to select the following research studies. Next use the subheading:
- Sub-headings: Study #1: Nursing research Study in the USA (Approximately 1½ pages)
- Sub-headings: Study #2: Nursing Research Study Non-USA (Approximately 1½ pages)
- Sub-headings: Study #3: Nursing Research Study USA or Non-USA (Approximately 1½ pages)
- Sub-headings: Study #4: Nursing Research Study USA or Non-USA (Approximately 1½ pages)
- Heading: Conclusion. Summarize the key points from your discussion. How would you translate (use) the new evidence found from your appraisals to change practice or answer your PICOT question? (Approximately 1 page).
- Page 12+: Reference page: Refer to your APA Manual .
Each of the subheadings should include for each article:
- What was the purpose of the study (research questions, purposes, and hypotheses)?
- What was the study design?
- How was the sample obtained?
- What inclusion or exclusion criteria were used?
- Who from the sample actually participated or contributed data? Was the sample size adequate? Explain.
- What methods were used to collect data (e.g. sequence of events, timing, types of data, and measures)?
- Was an intervention /treatment/clinical protocol tested? Explain.
- What data analysis methods were used?
- What were the main findings of this study?
- Was this a credible study? Why? Why not?
This review is a scholarly paper in APA format and with at least three APA references (two articles and textbook), cited both in the text and the reference page.
PICOT: In hospitalized patients, does the use of central line care maintenance bundles compared to non-utilization of central line care bundles reduce the rate of CLABSI during the process of improvement implementation?