Brainstorm the types of potential disasters that could occur in your community, resources available, strengths of the community that could be used in the event of a disaster, and available sources of information to report the aftermath of a disaster.
Respond to ALL of the following questions:
1. To what extent are the individuals and families in the area prepared for a potential disaster?
2. Have families in an disaster-prone region (earthquake, hurricane, etc), gathered supplies that will be needed, in the event of a disaster and placed them in an accessible location?
3. Have emergency escapes routes from homes, schools, and other buildings been identified?
4. Have families discussed an emergency contact person who can relay messages for and about family members separated in a disaster?
5. Do you conclude that these types of preparation have been ignored.
must be in APA
must be at least one page long
must include at least one nursing journal article
Use APA 6th Edition Format, at least 3 peer-reviewed references within 5 years of publication. The work must have a cover page and a reference page. All paragraphs need to be cited properly. All responses must be in a narrative format and each paragraph must have at least 4 sentences. It must have at least 2 pages of content, no greater than 3 pages, excluding cover page and reference page.
L.L. is a 67-year-old male who has been diagnosed with BPH. He is having difficulty with urination. He is currently on Cozaar 100 mg for HTN and his BP is well controlled. He is taking no other medications. The doctor has recommended medication for his BPH, but he would like to try a herbal supplement before taking a prescription medication.
1. Would you recommend a herbal supplement in L.L’s case?
2. If so, what herbal supplement would he take?
3. What is the recommended dosage?
4. What are possible side effects of the herbal supplement?
5. What warnings should you give L.L. before he starts the herbal supplement.