Turnitin Assignment!!! Please be aware that the percentage of plagiarism for this assignment is 35%.
1. Go to http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx and review the Healthy People 2020 initiative. Pay close attention to the objectives, goals and the indicators.
2. Using your city or county public health department: http://miamidade.floridahealth.gov/ You can choose any of these two counties(Miami-Dade County, Florida, or Broward County, Florida) identify an epidemiological and surveillance data related to population based communicable illnesses.
2. Hepatitis B
4. Based on these chosen communicable illness prepare an analysis discussing how this 3-communicable illness affect your community, and how they were identified and a plan of action to contained them base on healthy people 2020.
– Presentation must be in APA format.
– Arial 12 font attach to the forum/thread in the assignment tab and turnitin with a minimum of 1000 words (excluding first and references page)
– A minimum of 3 evidence based references no older than 5 years are required.
– The assignment must include the zip code of the city or county chosen.
Once again, the assignment will be posted in turnitin to verify originality!
Nurse’s Role in Influencing the Legislative Process For this week’s project, you’ll answer three questions related to your opportunity as a nurse and an advocate. The first two questions relate to influencing a bill is traveling through the legislative process. The third question refers you to the social determinants of health as described in your course textbook reading and asks you to think specifically on your role as a nurse in influencing social determinants of health.
In a brief paper (no more than 2 typed pages, 1 inch margins, 12 font Times New Roman or Courier New), answer the questions below. Write each question as a new topic area and then follow with a paragraph or two to answer the question. You may find it necessary to search for answers to the questions outside of the assigned reading. Be sure to use APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources. Answer the following questions:
•What parts of the lawmaking process does a nurse have an opportunity to influence the final bill passage?
•List at least two ways that this influence can take place. In your opinion, would one way be preferable over the other?
•Reviewing the social determinants of health, select one to respond to this question: ◦What role can nurses play in promoting health status through policy changes directly affecting this social determinant?