Your team has been asked by the Economic Development Department of Kelsey to compare Kelsey against another U.S. city of similar size within a range of plus or minus 15% of the population of Kelsey. To do the comparison, your team must prepare graphical and numerical descriptive statistics for each city and create an index for comparing the economic vitality of medium-sized municipalities in the United States.
Note: Economic vitality is not a standard measure; in this activity, so you must decide what data shows economic vitality.
Access the City of Kelsey Virtual Organization.
- Select Government.
- Choose City of Kelsey at the top of the page.
- Select City Government.
- Review the Kelsey Profile and the Kelsey Comprehensive Annual Financial Report June 2005 (PDF) file.
Create an economic vitality index using at least five parameters available in data sources associated with Kelsey and those that are accessible on the internet for U.S. cities. See the websites listed below for some examples.
Use your index to rate Kelsey against the other city.
Prepare a 3 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to the Economic Development Department of Kelsey that shows the following:
- Pie graphs displaying the racial makeup of the population for each city
- Bar graphs comparing the proportion of men and women in each city
- Identification of the two largest differences you see between the cities’ demographics
Need at least 1 reference. Press on link called “Access the City of Kelsey Virtual Organization” above for the demographic information.