Viewing the videos and practicing using the practice Excel file with its video can prepare you for the work needed on the research report for a data set.
In order to successfully complete this exercise, you should be able to:
- Review videos about statistics fundamentals.
- Practice with the Excel file provided.
- Video: Hypothesis Testing
- Video: Hypothesis Testing with Means
- Video: T-Tests
- Video: Independent T-Tests
- Video: Excel video on Hypothesis Testing
- Textbook: OpenIntro Statistics
- File: WS4Practice
- File: WS4Homework
Providing background and descriptive statistics is like a literature review section of a dissertation. You review and communicate the analysis of the raw data. You present visual representations of the data to give meaning to the raw data.
- Watch the following videos on hypothesis testing, hypothesis testing with means, t-tests, and independent t-ests:
- Watch the Excel remediation video, Hypothesis Testing.
- An optional supplementary textbook is the OpenIntro Statistics, and you can read the concepts there.
- Use the lab file WS4Practice to practice the Excel skills (includes an Excel hands-on video inside the spreadsheet as a link).
- Use the file WS4Homework to demonstrate the Excel skills. Each of the six problems is worth 10 points, for a total of 60 points possible for this assignment.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.