Taking an online course can sometimes feel like you are wandering in the dark, talking to someone that you know is there but someone whom you can’t see. It can be a little disconcerting.
In an effort to make our online environment a little more friendly, I am encouraging everyone to introduce him or herself in this forum. That way, we know more than just a screen name.
There are several things you should include in your introduction.
- Tell me what, if any, particular interest in human growth and development you have and what you hope to gain from the course.
- Tell us where you work and what you do.
- Tell us what your major is and what you hope to do when you finish college.
- Tell me how many classes you are taking this semester.
- Tell me if you have ever taken an online course before.