This assignment/project will cover the length of the entire course with a portion of the project due each module. You will select a role and address the assignment each week from that perspective.
The project will require you to assess the impact of a specific provision included in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on your specific role and discipline in the healthcare arena. Examine how this provision will change processes or specific duties associated with your role. Think about your organization and the services it provides and the population it serves, when thinking through the selected ACA provision.
Select from the positions and organizations listed below:
- Public Health Manager for Hillsborough County, FL
- North General Hospital’s Medicaid Liaison for the State of New York
- Patient Advocate for the City of Los Angeles, CA
- Marketing Supervisor for the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ
- Healthcare Administrator for Sunnyside Assisted Living Facility in Dallas, TX
- Director of the Business Office for Kansas City HealthNetwork in Kansas City, MI
Assessment Requirements/Submission Requirement:
Select a provision from the link upload below to complete the assignment
Write a 2-3 page paper that provides key details of the specific provision in the ACA. Be sure to include the following:
- Share the name/title of the provision.
- Explain the purpose of the provision.
- Describe the issue or concern that the provision is hoping to address.
- Explain whether there were different points of view for or against the inclusion of the provision and why.
- Discuss how the specific ACA provision impacts you or your organization, based on the role you have selected.
- Share your thoughts on whether the implementation of the provision positively or negatively affects you or your organization and its values. Explain how.
- Use at least 3 credible sources from the Rasmussen library https://guides.rasmussen.edu/az.php
- Include in-text citations throughout your paper.
- Format paper, citations and reference page following APA guidelines.