FINAL ASSIGNMENT 1:
T-MOBILE SPRINT MERGER LEADERSHIP DECISIONS
For this option, your final Portfolio Project is a thoughtful analysis of an ineffective or poor leadership decision. You may use a well-known leadership decision, such as the 2011 decision to split Netflix, which resulted in serious financial losses for the organization. Your project must include the following:
· Research the T-MOBILE SPRINT MERGER LEADERSHIP DECISIONS
· Describe the problem that may have precipitated the decision, as well as the apparent processes used by the leaders involved in the decision-making effort. Use terms from this course.
· Critique the processes they implemented, applying what you learned from this course.
· Recommend a different approach that could have been taken, using theories and methodologies from this course.
· Present a strong case for how your recommendations could have altered the decision made, leading to more effective results for the organization.
· Use theory from this course to support your evaluation, critique, and recommendations.
· If you choose a written format, your paper should be 10 PAGES
· Cite a minimum of twelve scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations.
· Format your project according to APA NEW
For this assignment, you will identify a workplace conflict that you have researched. Address the following in a paper:
· Describe the organization and share its URL.
· Briefly describe the conflict and make sure to use at least two different sources, such as a newspaper article, a scholarly article, or a trade (business) publication. Do you detect differences in the accounts of the conflict?
· Outline the steps in the de-escalation technique used; highlight the benefit of each step in the process.
· Identify the conflict resolution or negotiation processes that were used.
· Highlight the advantages and disadvantages of the approach.
· Describe why you believe the approach was successful or unsuccessful.
· What was the end result of the conflict? Analyzing the conflict, what might have been handled differently and by whom?
· Your paper should be 4 pages in length
· Format your paper according to the APA NEW
· Cite a minimum of six scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations
Using the Scientific Method to Challenge Our Thinking
Using the concepts and ideas learned in Tutorials 1-9 in Lau and Chan (2017), write about in response to the following prompts.
1. Briefly define the Scientific Method https://philosophy.hku.hk/think/sci/
2. Where have you made assumptions or drawn inferences on an important issue regardless of data or evidence to the contrary?
3. Analyze how you could improve your critical reasoning on this issue by using tools from the scientific method or statistical reasoning.
4. Provide a peer-reviewed example to add further support to the reasoning on your issue.
· Cite all claims and ideas using scholarly sources.
· Include at least one scholarly source
· Your paper should be 4 pages in length
FINAL ASSIGNMENT 4:
WHY IS THERE STIGMA SURROUNDING MENTAL HEALTH
TOPIC = WHY IS THERE STIGMA SURROUNDING MENTAL HEALTH
· You may write in the first person for your Final Portfolio Project.
· Your paper should engage a minimum of six scholarly sources that are not required or recommended readings for this course.
· Your paper should be 7 pages in length Include at least two scholarly references
FINAL ASSIGNMENT 5:
Work in Modern America
In Option #1, you will write a paper showing your understanding of work in modern America. Included in this paper must be an analysis of positive and negative aspects of our relatively new service/knowledge-based economy and our place in the global economy. You must also critically analyze the interconnectedness of immigration, globalization, democracy, and corporate power.
You Portfolio Project should meet the following requirements:
· Your paper should be 6 pages long
· Cite a minimum of four peer-reviewed, scholarly journal sources to support your statements.
· Cite three films or videos you’ve found which relate to theme of Work in Modern America, which is the focus of this topic for the Portfolio Project.