Find a news article online or in a newspaper or magazine that uses several visuals. What do the visuals illustrate? Would the article be equally effective without them? Why or why not? Please answer in 1-2 paragraphs.
1. Describe and define language and its role in perception and the communication process.
2. Identify different message types and parts and their functions.
3. Understand key principles of verbal communication and how the rules of syntax, semantics, and context govern language.
4. Demonstrate ways in which language can be a barrier to communication
5. Understand how to emphasize your message with the effective use of visuals.
6. Explain strategies for improving verbal communication and how to assess your audience for understanding.