For any qualitative journal article should report on the following information:
*Bibliographic information (i.e. reference).
- Statement of the social problem being addressed
- Purpose (s) of the study (specify the type of qualitative strategy of inquiry used).
- Research design used (e.g. grounded theory, case study, ethnography, focus groups, etc.).
- Sampling methods [probability or non-probability] and forms (e.g. simple, stratified systematic, cluster or multi-stage sampling for probability; OR convenience, purposeful, quota, or snowball for non-probability sampling).
- Methods of data collection (e.g. observation, interview, event log, audio or videotaping, etc.).
- Procedures for recording information.
- Data analysis techniques and steps.
- Results and interpretation.
- Author’s conclusions and recommendations.
Your critique and analysis of the research study as presented in the article, and of the potential usefulness of the article’s results for intervention(consider diversity issues).
- Implications for social work practice and policy.
- Attach a copy of the journal article you have reviewed.