The Federal Budget and how it gets made is a complex and lengthy process that has important implications for Federal, State and Local agencies. Funding for each agency is going to affect that agency’s budget. Likewise, federal funding for social programs, education, and other programs such as disaster relief affects how state and local agencies fund those programs in their own budgets. Choose one agency or department from the A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies. Compare the federal budget with the budget of your selected department and note how they are interconnected.
3–4 page draft (not including cover and reference page), address the following:
- Prepare a concise evolution of the public budget. Title this section Public Budget.
- Examine the federal budget submission process. Title this section Submission Process.
- Determine if the budget of your selected department or agency supports the mission of the agency. Title this section Mission.
- Determine how the budget has affected the policy of that department or agency. Title this section Policy.
- Evaluate how the budget of the department or agency has changed over the last five to ten years. Title this section Budget Changes.
- Include a short introduction (include background information of department or agency) and use the questions as section headers.
- Please include at least four references, not including the president’s budget and the budget of the department of your choice. At least two references must be peer-reviewed.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.