Residency Group Research ProjectIntroductionThe growth and explosion of the data has led to land scale differences across several industries. Over the past two decades there has been a huge increase in the amount of data being stored in databases as well as the number of database applications in business and the scientific domain. This explosion in the amount of electronically stored data was accelerated by the success of the relational model for storing data and the development and maturing of data retrieval and manipulation technologies. While technology for storing the data developed fast to keep up with the demand, little stress was paid to developing software for analyzing the data until recently when companies realized that hidden within these masses of data was a resource that was being ignored. The huge amounts of stored data contain knowledge about a number of aspects of their business waiting to be harnessed and used for more effective business decision support.ObjectiveFor this project, you will write a 10-page APA formatted paper followed by a PowerPoint Presentation on a how a particular organization that has experienced some type of Security or Privacy Challenges around Data. You will explain the following: 1) Why the challenges exist, 2) What is the general approach to solve the challenges, 3) What kind of data tools or databases do you plan to use, and 4) Finally what risk concerns were addressed by solving the Challenges. You should describe your problem, approach, dataset, data analysis, evaluation, discussion, references, and so on, in sufficient details, and you need to show supporting evidence in tables and/or figures. You need to provide captions for all tables and figures.DeliverablesGroup Project PaperThe paper should include the following sections each called out with a Headers.
- Introduction: Overview of the Paper.
- Background: The section should be a Company Overview that includes the company name, the industry they are in and a general overview of the organization.
- Challenges: Discuss the challenges that the organization have with a particular security issue around data.
- Solution: Describe the organization’s Data Security implementation and the benefits they realized from the implementation. What was the result of implementing Data Security? Did they meet their objectives or fall short?
- Conclusion: Summarize the most important ideas from the paper and also make recommendations or how they might have achieved even greater success.
- References: Please include a separate reference page with at least 5 references.
The paper must adhere to APA guidelines including Title and Reference pages. There should be at least five scholarly sources listed on the reference page. Each source should be cited in the body of the paper to give credit where due. Per APA, the paper should use a 12-point Time New Roman font, should be double spaced throughout, and the first sentence of each paragraph should be indented .5 inches. The body of the paper should be 10 pages in length. The Title and Reference pages do not count towards the page count requirements.Your paper should include an abstract and a conclusion and a reference page with 5 or more references.Power Point Presentation
- Starts promptly at 8am on Sunday. Presentations will be submitted for grading Saturday.
- 15-minute max on presentation.
- Groups will randomly present.
- Must be APA formatted.
- Bullets must be limited with information, i.e., do not put long paragraphs.
- Practice presenting, have a timer.
- 1 minute per slide.
- Putting the presentation on overhead to determine if it can be seen.
- When you are presenting please do not talk to other team members and take away from group presentation.
- Limit walking in front of presenting groups.