- After reading Psychological Testing and Assessment Chapters 1 and 2, “The Mismeasure of Man,” and the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists Standard 9: Assessment in the module resources,
- How do psychological tests differ; what are the different types?
- How are they used, in what settings are they used, and by whom are they used?
- What are limitations of tests? How might testing be misused?
- What are the legal and ethical issues related to testing?
- 1-3 Journal: Your Experience With Tests Assignment. It is unlikely that you have not had some type of experience with testing or assessment, such as a driving test, a pre-employment honesty test, or a college admissions test. briefly recount both a positive and a negative experience you have had with any type of testing or assessment and evaluate your experiences using the following guiding questions:
- Referring to course concepts and psychometrics, what made your experience positive?
- Referring to course concepts and psychometrics, what negative experiences did you have?
- How could the negative experiences have been improved? Relate your answer to course theory and concepts.
- How do you think these lessons learned could apply to psychological assessment and testing?
- For additional details, please refer to the Your Experience with Tests Journal Guidelines and Rubric document uploaded below