Discussion_Reflecting on Management Skills
Think of your direct supervisor (if you do not have one, think of a past supervisor you had or the teacher you had in another class).
- Of what department is he or she a member and at what level of management is this person?
- How would you characterize your supervisor’s approach to management? For example, which particular management tasks and roles does this person perform most often? What kinds of management skills does the manager have?
- Do you think the tasks, roles, and skills of your supervisor are appropriate for the particular job he or she performs?
- How could this manager improve his or her task performance? How can IT affect this?
- If you could give your manager one piece of advice or change one management practice in the organization, what would it be?