The Allied Group is considering two investments. The first investment involves a packaging machine, which can be used to package garments for shipping orders to customers. The second possible investment would be a molding machine that would be used to mold the mannequin parts.
The first possible investment is the packaging machine, which will cost $14,000. The second investment, the molding machine, would cost $12,000. The expected cash flows for the two projects are given below and the cost of capital to the firm is 15%. Both machines will be unusable after five years and have no salvage value.
The net cash flows for the two possible projects are given in the following table:
Year Packaging Machine Molding Machine
0 ($14000) ($12,000)
1 4100 3200
2 3300 2800
3 2900 2800
4 2200 2200
5 1200 2200
Address all of the following questions in a brief but thorough manner.
- ***What is the NPV for each project? Provide a detailed explanation of how you calculated the payback period for each.for each.
- ***What is the NPV for each project? Provide a detailed explanation of how you calculated the payback period for each.
- ***What is the IRR for each project? Provide a detailed explanation of how you calculated the internal rate of return (IRR) for each.
- ***If both of the projects can be selected, then should both be selected? Why or why not? Explain why or why not.If the two projects are mutually exclusive, which project, if any, should be selected? Explain why.
- Submit your 4 to 5 page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.