The U.S. government system was designed as a republic based on the principles of representative democracy. Prior to the start of the American Revolution, the American revolutionaries agreed on core principles that necessitated the colonies’ independence from the British monarchy.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 200 words:
- List at least 4 core American Revolution principles.
- Respond to the following questions:
- How are these core principles reflected in the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
- How are these core principles apply in our modern republic?
- How is a republic different from a democracy?
- How does the current U.S. government compare to the republic the Founding Fathers had envisioned?
- What three colonial leaders do you feel had the most impact on this time period?