Review the guiding organizations from the Guiding the Future of Nursing activity and reflect on the expectations for a BSN-prepared nurse. Whether you have been in practice for years or are just starting your career as a nurse, learning should never stop. As you remember from the College of Nursing Philosophical Framework, lifetime learning is one of the tenets of becoming a nurse leader.
Identify the competencies and essentials you need to develop.
· 2 competencies from Pre-licensure KSAs on the QSEN Competencies page
· 2 essentials from the AACN The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice
Complete the table below by doing the following:
1. In the second column, identify the competency or essential you need to address.
2. In the third column, identify specific knowledge, skills, or attitudes (KSAs) you need to develop, and cite your source.
a. QSEN citation hint: Per the QSEN Competencies web page, the competencies were taken from another source, which is cited in footnote 2. The page number in the example below was taken from the primary source.
3. In the fourth column, describe how you will develop yourself and give yourself a timeframe.
4. In the fifth column, explain why this improvement is important to your development as a nurse.