In this Discussion, you are asked to examine criminal behavior in terms of its depravity. Which crimes appear to be the most serious? Is shooting someone less depraved than stabbing and beating a person to death? Why? Do you believe that punishments should fit the crimes committed? Consider the focus of the Depravity Standard and be prepared to discuss your thoughts on the seriousness of crimes.
- Navigate the Welner resource for the depravity scale listed and further examine the information about the research concerning the Depravity Standard.
- Examine the information given on the “About the Research” page concerning the Depravity Standard.
- Read through the Learning Resource about classifying crimes by severity.
- Participate in the study by logging in (it is a free site).
- Complete the survey regarding the seriousness of different crimes.