Answer 2 of the the following 6 questions clearly and concisely.
2 pages per answer (Double Spaced)
\What factors may have led to the Mexican American War (1846-1848) and what were the legacies and consequences of that war?
- Describe the Period of the Antebellum. What were some of the main grievances or calls for charters of reform that were debated during this period?
- Discuss “Jacksonian Democracy” and some of the legacies and consequences President Andrew Jackson drew and left behind by the end of his Presidency.
- The “Know Nothings” were a nativist political party movement in the United States in the mid-1850s who used also used “Native American Party” to describe themselves. Two other major parties dominated the political landscape: the Democratic Party, led by Andrew Jackson, and the Whig Party, assembled by Henry Clay from the National Republicans. Describe the origins of these parties and their impact on American Society during the period of the Antebellum.
- Discuss notable people or individuals who contributed to the Abolitionist debate either in speeches or print press columns. Consider people like Abbey Kelly, Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglas, William Lloyd Garrison, Stephen Douglas, and Abraham Lincoln or other persons and events you feel were important to the debate on freedom and the vision for America.
- Discuss the impact “Manifest Destiny” had on American Society in the 19th Century and what it meant for freedom.