Marriage and the Family
Directions for Assignment
You must complete the reading assignment for weeks 1 and 2. Do a brief research on the Internet. Document all your sources using APA citations and references.
Review the examples presented below – WHICH IS A FAMILY? WHICH IS NOT A FAMILY?
1. Discuss at least one group you do not consider a family and explain your reasons in no less than 250 words. Use the reading in the textbook to support your response. Create an APA in-text citation and reference
2. Discuss at least one group you consider a family and explain your reason in no less than 250 words. Use the reading in the textbook to support your response. Create an APA in-text citation and reference
3. This assignment has two separate parts. Write headings for both sections.
Examples: WHICH IS CONSIDERED A FAMILY AND WHICH IS NOT CONSIDERED A FAMILY? ONLY CHOOSE 1 FOR EACH CATEGORY
- A husband and wife and their children
- A single man and his 4 children
- A forty-four-year-old woman and her adoptive father
- A man, his son, and his granddaughter
- A woman and her dog
- Five adult brothers living together two lesbians in an intimate relationship and their children.
- Two adults female cousins living together
Course Materials: Lamanna, Mary Ann and Agnes Riedmann. Marriages and Families, 13th ed. Cengage, 2018.ISBN: 978-128573697-