Do you believe you have the traits to be an effective leader? Perhaps you are already in a supervisory role, but as has been discussed previously, appointment does not guarantee leadership skills.
How can you evaluate your own leadership skills and behaviors? You can start by analyzing your performance in specific areas of leadership. In this Discussion, you will complete Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment. This assessment will identify your personal strengths, which have been shown to improve motivation, engagement, and academic self-conference. Through this assessment, you will discover your top five themes—which you can reflect upon and use to leverage your talents for optimal success and examine how the results relate to your leadership traits.
To take the Assessment, visit Using the Guidance Document Resource(s) for the Strengths Finder assessment, follow the instructions for setting up an account. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the link into your web browser.
Please Note: This Assessment will take roughly 30 minutes to complete.
- Once you have completed your assessment, you will receive your “Top 5 Signature Themes of Talent” on your screen.
- Click the Download button below Signature Theme Report, and then print and save the report. We also encourage you to select the Apply tab to review action items.
NOTE: Please keep your report. You will need your results for future courses. Technical Issues with Gallup:If you have technical issues after registering, please contact the Gallup Education Support group by phone at +1.866-346-4408. Support is available 24 hours/day from 6:00 p.m. Sunday U.S. Central Time through 5:00 p.m. Friday U.S. Central Time.
- Reflect on the results of your Assessment, and consider how the results relate to your leadership traits.
By Day 3 of Week 5
Post a brief description of your results from the StrengthsFinder assessment. Then, briefly describe two core values, two strengths, and two characteristics that you would like to strengthen based on the results of your StrengthsFinder assessment. Be specific.
Please find the attached result from strengh finder
Expert Solution Preview
Based on the provided content, as a medical professor in charge of creating college assignments and evaluating student performance, I would focus on the following aspects:
Being an effective leader is crucial in any profession, including the medical field. While some individuals may already hold supervisory roles, merely being appointed to such positions does not guarantee possessing the necessary leadership skills. Therefore, it is important to evaluate one’s own leadership skills and behaviors to identify areas for improvement and capitalizing on personal strengths. In this context, the StrengthsFinder assessment becomes a valuable tool to identify personal strengths, which can enhance motivation, engagement, and academic self-confidence. By reflecting on the assessment results, individuals can leverage their talents for optimal success and examine how these results relate to their leadership traits.
The StrengthsFinder assessment provides valuable insights into an individual’s personal strengths and is instrumental in self-evaluation. Upon analyzing the results, two core values, two strengths, and two characteristics that an individual would like to strengthen can be identified.
1. Compassion: Demonstrating empathy and understanding towards patients, colleagues, and the community.
2. Integrity: Upholding strong ethical principles and moral values in all professional interactions.
1. Communication: The ability to convey information effectively and establish clear lines of communication.
2. Resilience: The capacity to bounce back from challenges and maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
Characteristics to Strengthen:
1. Delegation: Enhancing the skill of appropriately assigning tasks and responsibilities to others, ensuring efficient workflow.
2. Decision-making: Improving the ability to make timely and well-informed decisions with consideration for factors such as patient welfare, evidence-based practice, and ethical considerations.
By focusing on these core values, strengths, and characteristics, an individual can further develop their leadership skills and become more effective in their role as a medical professional.