Scenario: You work for the contracting department for a national payer that is working to convert its provider contracts to value-based arrangements. Your team is approaching large physician groups for recontracting. Develop a 12-15-slide presentation with speaker notes to show the value of converting to a value-based arrangement:
- Explain value-based care.
- Explain how value-based care differs from a fee-for-service or a capitated approach.
- Describe why adopting a value-based purchasing arrangement would be financially advantageous for the physician groups and to the health plan.
Include at least three references, including your textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Each slide should have comprehensive speaker notes. Please do not restate the info on the slide as the speaker notes.
Developing a Change Project
Expanding on your identified change project and the elements completed in the first three parts, devise an implementation plan that addresses the following points:
- The change you wish to initiate
- The rationale for the change, using supporting data
- The outcomes desired from the change
- The audience you need to convince
- The benefits to the institution
- Allocation of resources and potential budget requirements
- The group to lead the initiative —why these members
- The proposed timeline
- Measures of success
*Note: you will not implement the change project for this competency.
All submissions must have a minimum of two scholarly references to support your work.
Examples of work to show
- 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation – APA format