The AMA’s Principles of Medical Ethics includes a mandate to “recognize a responsibility to participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health”. (AMA, 2012 Principles of Medical Ethics, Principle VII).
Develop a list of at least 8 ways in which a physician and his or her staff can participate in activities contribution to an improved community.
1. List and describe eight (8) ways in which a physician and his/her staff may participate in community activities. For instance the physician may give free clinics for the homeless, or provide educational seminars for his or her patients.
2. Summarize the AMA’s Principles of Medical Ethics and discuss how they relate to the 8 ideas you developed on how a physician can give back to the community. A link to the AMA Principles of Medical Ethics can be found in this week’s Supporting Links folder.
3. Thinking about your own community, describe the activities that local physicians participate in or offer.
Research the questions in your book and also utilize the library for references to support your opinions. Click on the Library tab at the top of the herzing.blackboard.com page for more information.
1. Use proper APA format.
2. Construct your assignment in the following way:
a. Introductory paragraph – discuss the main elements of the assignment, this is a summary of what you will be discussing in the paper.
b. Body of the paper – discuss each of the individual parts of the assignment.
3. Write your concluding paragraph in which you will summarize your discussion.
4. Reference page – on this page you will reference in APA 6 format what you have cited in the body of your paper. Your reference page should include more than your text book.